Many variables have an effect on the amount of time it takes to get a case to solve. Among the main variables is whether indebtedness for the auto accident is challenged. Does fault is accepted by the other motorist’s insurance company for the automobile accident?
If Obligation IsN’t Contested
The following things need to take place before your case could be worked out if indebtedness isn’t contested:
1. Have an excellent handle about what future clinical treatment will call for and what you will be charged, or at least you should accomplish your clinical treatment.
2. Your attorney should get documentation, and duplicates of all of your medical records and statements from your own company of any wages that are lost.
3. Once your NY injury lawyer has documentation of your injuries and out of pocket losses, he can send a “demand letter” to another driver’s insurance company.
4. The insurance company typically reacts using a settlement offer about 30 days after.
5. Your attorney will negotiate together with the insurance carrier to try and motivate against the insurance adjuster for their top offer.
6. If a number can be agreed on by both sides, your case settles. If both sides are far apart, and the settlement offer is not accepted by you, another thing to do would be to file a suit from another motorist.
7. You’ll be assigned a trial date about one year out of the date of filing once suit is filed.